2009 Aprilia RS 125
As the leading manufacturer in 125cc and 250cc MotoGP competition, Aprilia has perfected the art of engineering championship-winning smaller-displacement race bikes. That expertise, along with Aprilia's characteristically high level of premium components, makes the new RS 125 the best possible value for enthusiasts who take their track time serious – but who don't want to sacrifice fun.
As increasing numbers of motorcycle enthusiasts discover the challenge and thrill of honing riding skills on a closed circuit during a group track day or weekend, today's 600 to 1000cc sport bikes with their huge horsepower and top speed numbers aren't always the best choice. A smaller displacement machine actually helps to create a better, more confident rider because it requires more input and concentration to score good lap times. At the same time, it allows the rider to really push it to the limit while big displacement bikes often don't inspire the same level of confidence.
Engineered for the Ultimate On-Tack Experience - At the heart of the RS 125 is a sophisticated single-cylinder two-stroke, liquid-cooled engine, based on the same race-proven technology that has resulted in a continuous string of competition victories for Aprilia Racing. Able to reach triple digit speeds, the powerplant is packed with technical advancements including a crankcase reed valve intake, anti-vibration balancer shaft and an automatic fuel-oil mixing system. A robust 6-speed transmission delivers the power to the rear wheel with ratios designed to suit a variety of race track configurations.
The RS 125 is fitted with high-performance, race-style, upside-down front forks and a hydraulic rear monoshock mounted in a rising rate linkage, designed to work in concert to deliver the highest degree of race track compliance.
Torsional rigidity is excellent, again thanks to the bike's development on the world's toughest race tracks. The RS 125's lightweight polished cast aluminium twin spar frame is reinforced with cross ribbing for additional strength while the advanced chassis is mated to a box section, aluminium alloy swingarm.
Styled after its championship-winning GP racing siblings, the RS 125 features a distinctive fairing and tail section that has been wind tunnel tested to deliver minimum drag. Riders benefit from improved top speed when tucked in behind the windscreen on long straights. The sleekly aerodynamic bodywork signals that the RS 125 would rather be in motion than standing still.
Fully Loaded for Action - Like all Aprilias, the RS 125 is chock-full of premium components, selected for their quality and competition integrity. Standard equipment includes distinctive, aluminium alloy wheels, radial mount brake calliper, and rear-set style racing footpegs. The track only bike is available with racing livery looks of the 2006 and 2007 world championship 250 Moto GP bike, the exclusive Replica Spain's N.1.
A Winner for Beginners and a Thriller for Experts
The Aprilia RS 125 is an ideal learning platform for new and beginning riders, as well as a solid base for experienced enthusiasts. Whether an aspiring GP star, club racer or weekend warrior, the RS 125 delivers a thoroughly rewarding experience lap after lap, simply because it allows riders to focus on improving their riding skills. Best of all, maximum grins on the track have never been so cost-efficient.
- Engine: Liquid cooled, single cylinder two stroke. Aluminium cylinder with Nikasil coated liner. Read valve intake. Separate lubrication. 32.5 hp.
- Fuel: Dell'Orto VHST 28
- Bore x Stroke: 54 x 54,5 mm
- Total displacement: 124,8 cc
- Compression ratio: 12,5 ± 0,5:1
- Fuel system: Dell'Orto VHST 28.
- Ignition: Electronic CDI ignition.
- Starting: Electric
- Generator: 12V - 180 W
- Lubrication: Separate mixing with variable displacement, volumetric pump.
- Gear box: 6 speed. 1st 10/30 (0.33) 2nd 14/29 (0.48) 3rd 17/27 (0.63) 4th 19/25 (0.76) 5th 21/24 (0.87) 6th 22/23 (0.67)
- Clutch: Multi-plate in oil bath.
- Primary drive: Gearbox: 63/19 (3.31).
- Final drive: Chain: 17/40 (2.35).
- Frame: Sloping twin-spar frame in thin wall box section cast aluminium, with reinforcement cross-ribbing.
- Front suspension: Upside down hydraulic fork, Ø 40 mm. Wheel travel 120 mm.
- Rear suspension: Swingarm with asymmetric members in thin wall box section cast aluminium. Hydraulic monoshock with adjustable spring preload. Wheel travel 120 mm.
- Front Brakes: Floating Ø 320 mm disc. Radial caliper with four differential diameter pistons, Ø 32 mm – Ø 27 mm.
- Rear Brakes: Single Ø 220 mm disc. Caliper with two Ø 30 mm pistons.
- Wheels: Aluminium alloy.
- Front Wheels: 3.00 x 17”
- Rear Wheels: 4,00 x 17”.
- Tyres: Tubeless radial.
- Front Tires: 110/70 17”
- Rrear Tires: 150/60 17”.
- Overall length 76.9 inches.
- Overall width (at handlebars) 28.3 inches.
- Overall height (at windshield) 43.3 inches.
- Seat height 31.6 inches.
- Wheelbase 52.9 inches.
- Dry Weight: 280lbs.
- Fuel tank capacity: 3.7 gallons (.92 gallon reserve).
- Engine Type
- Single cylinder two stroke. Aluminium cylinder with Nikasil coated liner. Read valve intake. Separate lubrication. 32.5 hp.
- 124.8 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 54 x 54.5 mm
- Liquid cooled
- Compression Ratio
- 12.5 ± 0.5:1
- Fuel System
- Dell’Orto VHST 28.
- Electronic CDI ignition.
- Front Suspension
- Upside down hydraulic fork, Ø 40 mm. Wheel travel 120 mm.
- Rear Suspension
- Swingarm with asymmetric members in thin wall box section cast aluminium. Hydraulic monoshock with adjustable spring preload. Wheel travel 120 mm.
- Front Brakes
- Floating Ø 320 mm disc. Radial caliper with four differential diameter pistons, Ø 32 mm – Ø 27 mm.
- Rear Brakes
- Single Ø 220 mm disc. Caliper with two Ø 30 mm pistons.
- Front Tire
- 110/70 17 in.
- Rear Tire
- 150/60 17 in.
- 52.9 in.
- Seat Height
- 31.6 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 3.7 gal
- Dry Weight
- Gearbox 63/19 (3.31).
- Final Drive
- Chain 17/40 (2.35).